adjective: yellow; comparative adjective: yellower; superlative adjective: yellowest
- 1.of the color between green and orange in the spectrum, a primary subtractive color complementary to blue; colored like ripe lemons or egg yolks."curly yellow hair"
synonyms: flaxen, golden, gold, blond/blonde, fair; More
lemon, cadmium yellow, daffodil, mustard, primrose yellow;tawny, fulvous"yellow hair"
- offensivehaving a naturally yellowish or olive skin (as used to describe Chinese or Japanese people).
- denoting a warning of danger that is thought to be near but not actually imminent."he put Camp Visoko on yellow alert"
- 2.informalcowardly."he'd better get back there quick and prove he's not yellow"
- archaicshowing jealousy or suspicion.
- 3.(of a book or newspaper) unscrupulously sensational.